GOLD’S GYM COVID-19 SAFE COMMITMENT
As Gold’s Gym members, club owners & staff we are coming together (socially distanced of course) to do our part in eradicating the COVID-19 virus in Australia – our safety is our #1 priority.
In accordance with all the best advice and frameworks provided by State Departments of Health nationwide, the World Health Organisation, industry leaders across the sector and with the great support by Fitness Australia I/we are all committed to the following at Gold’s Gym;
- Adhere to the restrictions on the number of members/guests training on the main gym floor and in designated group training rooms at any one time.
- Respectfully direct each other to remain 1.5m apart (or about the length of a treadmill) OR 1 person per 4 square meters of space.
- Set up the layout of any equipment on the gym floor and group training rooms to best accommodate the needs of all members to safely train 1.5m apart.
- To come and go from group training classes so there is no overlap between members coming and going from the same training space.
- Observe signage around the gym to ensure everyone is doing the right thing by each other.
Personal hygiene & cleaning of equipment
- Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds using soap and hot water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (found at multiple locations around the gym/your own personal hand sanitizer).
- Refrain from touching my eyes, ears, mouth & nose while training.
- Sneeze/cough into my elbow.
- Replace hugs, kisses & handshakes with smiles and words of encouragement.
- Bring a personal water bottle as drink water fountains will not be available.
- Bring 2 towels for training, one to place on the equipment and the other to wipe down the sweat from hard work.
- Wipe down the equipment with disinfectant before and after using it.
Stay home if unwell
- Public health authorities have clearly instructed us to STAY HOME IF UNWELL. That goes for all of us. I will not go to Gold’s Gym if I have developed any symptoms at all no matter the severity. Together we can keep each other both fit and healthy.
- As required by me in any event as a Gold’s Gym member I will ensure that I have scanned into Gold’s Gym at each visit effectively registering my attendance and doing my part to enable contact tracing for COVID 19 in the event it is ever required.
- Gold’s Gym endorses the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe App.